Category : Newsletters
Click here for this week’s newsletter. The Top 5:
- If you ever wonder how to describe, articulate, or portray the beauty that is Catholic schools, look no further than this blog post from Rose Pillay of Vancouver or this great little article highlighting a graduate from Mercy High School in Omaha. Both articles capture the essence of Catholic schools AND model how we should all be working to spread the good news of our schools. Read them both!
- In the Leadership section, this great blog post by Jeff Zoul entitled “ Learn. Lead. Repeat” captures the essence of effective school leadership.
- In the Teaching & Learning section, I present another thought-provoking blog from “The Great Handshake” entitled “Schools Should be More Like Trader Joe’s”. It’s an homage to the little things we need to do to build excitement and engagement in our schools.
- In the Miscellaneous section, David Brooks is back at it this week with his “A Nation of Weavers” which is an essay extolling the virtues of those who build community. Why can’t your Catholic school weave together our community and thus serve the common good?
- The next article is a thought-provoking piece from Rahm Emmanuel in the Atlantic entitled “Policy Makers Need a New Path to Education Reform.”