Category : Newsletters
In this week’s newsletter, I blog about a holy brother I met in North Dakota, a simple story which surfaced last week. I hope spring has sprung in your world. Here in Montana, we’re still waiting!
The Top 5 this week:
- The first article of the Leadership section is about the Wallace Foundation’s latest principal study. They found impacts on student learning through their program.
- In the Leadership section, I included Jennifer Gonzalez’s South by Southwest talk “The Aerodynamics of Exceptional Schools.” It’s a long one (55 minutes) but is really thought-provoking. Jennifer runs the “Cult of Pedagogy” website and is fill of great ideas.
- The first article in the Teaching & Learning section “Teaching for Deeper Learning” from the Harvard Graduate School of Education is filled with practical tips for teachers.
- The second article from Pernille Ripp is topical for today “A Few Things to Do Before the End of the Year.” Pernille is a great blogger and is worth the follow.
- In the Miscellany section, the first article from Farnam Street is entitled “How Mental Models Unlock Your Thinking.” Shane Parrish has just published a book on mental models and I can’t wait to read it.