Category : Newsletters
In this week’s Catholic School Matters newsletter, I present the most impactful six books I read this year and the most popular links from each edition this year. I looked at those links and have picked out my favorite 5. The Top 5:
- The story about Brother Placid resonated with me. “With No More Cowboys, Monastery Quits the Cattle Business” is the story of how Assumption Abbey in North Dakota moved Brother Placid out of the feedlot.
- “Ideological Bias Cannot Taint Our Approach to Sexual Abuse” from America magazine challenges our thinking about the sexual and leadership crises in the church.
- “’We’re a Family’ and Other School Norms Which Can Cause Burnout” from Jennifer Gonzalez (the Cult of Pedagogy blogger) challenges our approach to establishing school norms.
- I love articles on feeback. One of the best was HBR’s “What Good Feedback Really Looks Like.”
- Finally, “Schools as Places of Joy: We are Responsible for the Cultures We Create” is a reminder of what we’re supposed to be about.
Those were my favorites. Enjoy! Have a great summer!