Category : Newsletters
The link to this week’s newsletter.
Last week’s Catholic School Matters podcast featured an interview with Dr. Eric Wearne of Kennesaw State discussing the “Open Letter to Independent School Leaders,” and Leslie De Leonardis, the STEM Director at the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, also joined the podcast to discuss how valuable and relevant STEM can be in a remote learning environment. This week I’ll be joined by two outstanding school leaders—Tom Campbell of Our Lady of Good Counsel HS outside DC and Mary Patrick from St. Stephen’s outside Baltimore. The Top 5:
- The Ed Week article “Developing a Crisis Management System” is a great call to action for school leaders. The author suggests we form a task force to begin planning for the fall—scheduling, responses, cleaning, communication, etc.
- Partnership Schools has another great blog post “Lessons Learned from a Crisis” which illustrates the value of reflection and learning.
- HBR has two articles of value. “When a Crisis Hits, Lead with Humanity” and “Finding the Right Words in a Crisis” are both chock full of great suggestions.
- I have developed a new section where I compile resources as well as my own COVID collection. Far and away the best resource I came across this week was from SmartBrief.
- The article at the end of the Miscellaneous section about a partnership between St. Mary’s University and the neighboring parish illustrate evangelization at its best. This is an example of a university reaching out to serve its community and I couldn’t be more proud to be a Rattler alum.