April 5th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
The Top 5 this week:
- In the first section, “It’s Your Leadership Moment” by Knowledge @ Wharton is a really great reflection piece giving leaders tangible advice on what to do now and how to begin thinking strategically. It’s a short piece but full of practical advice.
- The next article is a blog piece in the Arrupe Virtual Learning Institute’s “CrossCurrents” blog entitled “Future-Forward Leadership: Leading Catholic Schools Through The Covid Crisis Through Living Our Mission.” Jeff Hausman, the director of AVLI, is uniquely poised to assist schools through this period of remote learning.
- I’ve included a number of great religion resources for Holy Week. But the first one is from the McGrath Institute at Notre Dame: “Simple Prayers for Complicated Times.” Have you seen a million different “free resources” and “simple plans” and “webinars for remote learning.” Are you overwhelmed? Read this blog piece for three simple prayers to help you refocus and re-center. As I wrote this, Johnny Cash’s “To Beat the Devil” was playing in my ears. “The devil haunts the lonely man,” he crooned. We need simple prayers to stave off the loneliness and disconnection gripping our communities.
- The next two articles from NCR are interviews with theologians and church leaders imagining how the church might look different after the pandemic. They make for great reading because they are first-person accounts.
- In the Educational Resources section, the first link is to the Cult of Pedagogy’s “A Gently Curated List of Resources for Distance Learning.” This is Jennifer Gonzalez’s site and it’s top notch. Everyone is bound to find something of value.