Category : Newsletters
This week’s newsletter focuses on Sr. Angie and her perspective on hot topics in Catholic school law. This will also be the focus on this week’s podcast. The Top 5 links:
- In the American Catholic news section, the first article focuses on a Philadelphia Catholic school controversy. When the Archdiocese considered leasing part of a building to a charter school, they received criticism. Read about the divisions, the conceptions of community, and the perception of Catholic school parents.
- In the Leadership section, the first article from Daniel Pink in Education Week focuses on how schools use time. How we organize the school day usually has more to do with institutional traditions or factors other than what are the most optimal conditions for children to learn. It’s interesting to hear Pink’s take on the school day.
- The next article in the Leadership section highlight’s Disney’s creative strategy.
- In the Teaching & Learning section, the first article from Tom Barrett’s blog explores how to build better relationships with our students. We all talk about how important relationships are with our students but we often don’t talk out HOW. We just assume that teachers can figure out how to reach students. In the same way, we ask new administrators to build relationships with parents but we never really explain how. So this is a great practical article!
- The next article in that section focuses on student engagement. Finding ways to make the material relevant to students is the key.