May 17th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
In this week’s newsletter, I’m focusing a bit on testifying and sharing the good news of your schools. I’ve also connected some great resources and here is the Top 5:
- The Journal of Catholic Education is offering a special rolling COVID issue. The first two articles have been posted. They are both articles from Dr. Quentin Wodon, lead economist at the World Bank affiliated with Notre Dame, and discuss the immediate impact of the COVID crisis on American and international Catholic schools. They are extensive, thorough articles with fascinating data.
- In the midst of this pandemic, it’s worth your time to read about a Supreme Court case about employment law and the ministerial exemption. There’s a story from America magazine, from the New York Times, and LA Times. We might see some radical changes.
- Watch this great interview with Jill Kafka from Partnership Schools. She says, “Catholic schools are pulling people together as the world is falling apart.”
- In the Educational Links, the first article is a deep dive on curriculum. It’s part 2 of a four-part series and it’s worth your time to consider how we adapt to our new reality.
- Don’t miss these…The CDC has published a decision tree for reopening schoolsand daycare facilities. Johns Hopkins Center for Educational Policy has released a planning guide for next year. It’s really well done and worth printing out and sharing.