Oct 6th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
In this week’s newsletter, I explore the impactful new book from Sr. Helen Prejean, River of Fire, and its implications to our work in Catholic schools. The Top 5 links:
- The NPR review and interview of Prejean are worth your time. You can find them near the end of the blog.
- In the Leadership section, George Couros’s latest blog post on “Sharing our Story” is practical advice to school leaders to help find the right stories to tell.
- The next article “The Wrong Ways to Strengthen Culture” is a good reminder of the importance of working to improve our school cultures.
- In the Teaching & Learning section, “Class Size Matters” explores the current research and misconceptions about class size. It seems this comes up every year as schools struggle to find the right balance between classrooms of vitality and individual attention.
- In the Miscellany section, the article on how Costco broke the rules of retail by focusing on customers, not shareholders, has implications for how we run our schools.
Have a great week!