Sep 22nd Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
In this week’s blog, I describe my collaborative effort (with Dr. Jorge Pena) to create a survey instrument to measure Catholic culture. We are actively soliciting participants to join the 50 schools who’ve already signed up.
The Top 5:
- In the blog, I highlight an article last summer about a parish in turmoil which has lessons for our schools. Hierarchy, lay participation, and visions of church all enter into the story and shed light on the types of conflicts we are all encountering in our school communities.
- In the American Catholic News section, Archbishop Gomez spoke challenged white nationalism and his perspective is worth considering.
- The next article from NCR explores the monetary backing of EWTN.
- From the New York Times, the first article in the Leadership section discusses our tendency toward perfectionism and the need to accept good enough when we can.
- In the Teaching section, the long article from the Guardian about generalization, not specialization is written by David Epstein. It counterbalances the 10,000 hour rule popularized by Malcolm Gladwell