Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the January 28th newsletter. This week’s top 5:
- I’ve included links to the turnaround schools and a few articles about this schools. They are amazing stories. Clearly, there is no silver bullet to turn around every Catholic school’s fortunes. But you’ll be inspired by the efforts!
- However, school closing announcements have been pouring in. It’s important to read these stories because there are still people out who aren’t woke to our reality. We have to help people understand that innovative approaches are necessary. This section can be found after the American Catholic News section.
- Speaking of which, look no further than the first article in the American Catholic News section by Partnership School’s Kathleen Porter-Magee’s essay “To Spark a Catholic School Renaissance, We Need to Put Our Faith in Autonomous School Networks” is a must read.
- I recommend the article by HBR on Customer Service in the Leadership section. Sure, it’s common sense to pick up the phone and call parents to hear their concerns. But it’s not common! I’ve heard of principals who call a set of families every Friday to check in. Not email. Not letters and memos. Phone calls.
- It’s Oscar season so enjoy this article on Lady Bird’s creator and her affinity for Catholic schools.
Have a great week celebrating Catholic schools!